My passion for training hunting dogs began as a child when I trained my first dog to hunt pheasants. While growing up in Minneapolis, I had to be creative to find places to train, but I successfully found suitable grounds to teach my dog to hunt.
When I was in college I got my second dog, a purebred Chesapeake Bay retriever. That is when I realized that training dogs was something that I wanted to pursue. Reading training books, training articles and watching training DVD’s became an obsession. I took great pride in successfully training my own dogs.
In 2013, I joined the Four Points Retriever Club and began competing in NAHRA hunt tests. I enjoy competing in hunt tests, but my greatest passion is hunting upland birds and waterfowl.
Serving as a K9 Police Officer, I have had the privilege to compete in the United States Police Canine Association (USPCA) with my partner Beau, a Belgian Malinois. While competing in regional and National competitions I have been able to display my success in training dogs.
I enjoy having a dog that is trained to the highest of standards, and want that for everyone of my clients. My pledge to you is to provide the same level of skill and dedication to your dog as I do with my own.
- Successfully competed in AKC hunt tests
- Successfully competed in NAHRA hunt tests
- 2016: Region 16 Trial - 1st place & rookie handler/rookie dog award winner
- 2017: Region 18 Trial - 1st place in obedience
- 2018: Region 12 Trial - 1st place in the team event & 3rd place finish in article search and agility
- 2018: National USPCA K9 Trial - 1st place in agility, 2nd place for department team, & 9th place overall finish